If you think workers compensation claims are deliberately complicated and meant to discourage workers from pursuing them, then you would be right. It’s a tedious process that makes the injured worker jump through hoops to get the financial restitution they deserve, and Ohio is particularly unfriendly to injured or sickened workers. Claims need to be filed within one year of injury or within six months of official diagnosis from a doctor. As such, the clock starts ticking the moment you realize you’ve been hurt.
You may be surprised what injuries or illnesses qualify as work related injuries. We all know severe injuries can occur on the job, such as a back injury or even the loss of a limb, but did you know you can also sustain repetitive stress injuries (such as carpal tunnel), illnesses (such as respiratory disease from exposure to inhalants), and mental health damages (like PTSD) from your job? Do not allow your boss to claim you don’t have rights. They may say the injury or illness is not their fault or your issue arose from a pre-existing condition; workers compensation claims cover all cases of injury!
Some of the more common types of injuries that I see include:
- Impact Injuries: Whether you were struck by an object or you struck one yourself, impact injuries are extremely common and can be disabling.
- Machine Injuries: These include crushing injuries and severing injuries, such as loss of limb or digits.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries: Bending and kneeling and carpal tunnel are all common types of repetitive motion injuries that can occur at work.
- Workplace Violence Injury: It’s a sad truth that these do happen, leading to severe injury or even loss of life. Robberies, domestic abuse, and disgruntled coworkers can cause you harm.
- Mental Health Injuries: If you were the victim of workplace violence, or even witnessed it, you may suffer from PTSD or other mental health problems afterward. Hostile work environments can also lead to mental health problems at work.
If you have suffered from an injury at work, please call me right away at 1 (877) 614-9524 for a free initial consultation. As your lawyer, I’m your advocate even when your workers comp insurance has denied your claim. I have almost forty years of knowledge and experience that I’ll bring to the table to ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. I’ll fight by your side, all hours of the day, without asking for a single penny from you. I work on a contingency, which means that I only get paid when you get paid. If you have suffered from any sort of injury at work, no matter how small you think it is, call me now and I’ll Make Them Pay!®