When we think about getting older, we think about retirement, traveling and seeing the world, and getting away from the grind of the 9-to-5. What we’re not thinking about is wasting away in a poorly-run care home facility, suffering needlessly at the hands of overtly negligent nursing staff.
Ohio simply isn’t senior friendly; many nursing homes are for-profit, leading to grossly under-trained and overworked staff and cut corners in order to make the almighty dollar. It’s offensive and it’s sickening how these operations are allowed to run at the cost of our cherished family and loved ones.
To make matters worse, many of our elderly family members aren’t able to speak up for themselves, making this neglect all the more rampant. It’s important that you stay in touch with your senior and keep an eye out for any of these clues that they’re victims of nursing home neglect:
- Unexpected weight loss
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Bruises and scratches
- Untreated wounds or infections
- Bedsores (pressure ulcers)
- Poor personal hygiene
- Withdrawing into themselves
- Sloppy facilities
Nursing home neglect can be subtle, making it hard for even a trained person to notice it. It’s important to remember that neglect doesn’t always fit the expected, textbook examples of what you might think it is. If you suspect that your loved one is the victim of nursing home neglect, give me a call today for a free initial consultation at 1 (877) 614-9524. I will work to prove that your elderly loved one suffered due to:
- Medical Neglect: This happens when nursing home staff fails to give your loved ones their medicine, or if they fail to properly diagnose any infections or illnesses in your senior.
- Personal Neglect: If the nursing home doesn’t ensure your loved one is bathed and fed and has a safe environment, or that they’re not getting enough food or water, then they are guilty of personal neglect.
- Emotional Neglect: This occurs when your senior is yelled at or abandoned for long periods of time without attention or proper care.
I have been serving Columbus, Ohio, for nearly 40 years and I have the skill and experience to ensure that you get the justice you deserve when someone you care about is a victim of nursing home neglect. I am here for you and if a nursing home is guilty of negligence, I’ll Make Them Pay!®