There are few times in a person’s life more joyous than the birth of their child, which makes birth injuries all the more tragic and devastating. Instead of a life full of promise and hope, instead you, your child, and your family are going to be reeling from the lasting repercussions of birth injuries.
The worst part about all of this? These injuries could have been completely prevented had the medical team – including the doctors, the nurses, and anyone else involved in labor and delivery – had been doing their job carefully. These so-called highly trained professionals have betrayed you on your special day, the birth of your beloved son or daughter.
Some of the more common and heartbreaking complications that can arise are due to the thoughtlessness and carelessness of the medical staff are due to:
- Attempted Vaginal Birth for High-Risk Patients: Babies that have too high of a birth weight are not good candidates for vaginal birth, and trying to proceed can harm him or her.
- Breech Birth: If the baby presents leg first, hip first, or any position than head first, this can also harm the baby.
- Excessive Force and Roughness: Some doctors may be too aggressive with their forceps or the vacuum, causing irreparable damage to your sweet baby.
- Outright Negligence: Your baby is a small and fragile human, and careless, rushed delivery can cause lasting damage to your little one.
Nobody should have to endure the pain of a child permanently harmed during its birth. Some of the more common, and wholly preventable, injuries that can occur include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Brachial plexus injuries (Erb’s palsy, Klumpke’s palsy)
- Spinal injuries
- Hypoxia or anoxia
- Skull fracture
- Mental impairment
- Cervical dystonia
It’s critical to act fast if you and your family has endured hardship due to birth injuries. The statute of limitations for you to make a claim is just one year. Your child also has rights – if they want to file a claim, they have until their 18th birthday to seek restitution. However, if your child sustained brain damage and is considered mentally incompetent, then there may be no limitation on when a claim can be filed.
In the nearly 40 years that I’ve served the greater Columbus, Ohio area, I have witnessed firsthand the agony that families have endured due to inept doctors. If I take on your case, you can be assured that I’ll be here for you 24/7, fighting by your side to get you the justice and compensation you deserve for your child’s birth injury. You’ll have access to my personal cell phone number and I’ll take care of all the expenses of representing you in court. You won’t have to pay a single penny to me; I will work on a contingency basis, meaning that I don’t get paid unless you get paid. If you believe your child and family have suffered due to a birth injury, give me a call today at 1 (877) 614-9524 and I’ll Make Them Pay!®