Birthdays are so special, but sometimes you and your child’s special day may be marred by unexpected complications that can occur during a cesarean (also known as a C-section). C-sections are typically advised when the birth is considered too high risk for a vaginal birth, such as in cases where there is a danger of eclampsia, breech birth, a baby with a high birth weight, stalled labor, and fetal distress. However, sometimes unscheduled C-sections can occur when unexpected problems arise.
Regardless the reason for the cesarean, when you go to the hospital to give birth, you expect to leave with a happy, healthy, beautiful cooing baby in your arms. When things go wrong, it can be sudden and tragic, destroying your life and the life of your child.
Problems that might arise (that can harm your baby) during a C-section include:
- Cuts and lacerations: These can be mild or they can be completely disfiguring; they could even kill your baby.
- Oxygen deprivation: This can lead to cerebral palsy or profound mental delays.
- Premature or delayed C-section: If the C-section is performed before your baby is ready, it can suffer from complications of a premature birth. Waiting too long can cause a terrible list of complications and fetal distress, resulting in death.
The mother may also suffer, facing problems such as:
- Blood clots that can travel to the heart, lungs, or brain.
- Excessive bleeding and hemorrhaging.
- Infections after childbirth.
- Vital organs like the bladder and bowels can be ruptured.
- Complications from anesthesia can be dangerous, too.
These can be deadly, costing the mother her life.
Nobody should have to deal with the lasting effects of a caesarean birth injury. When you plan your child’s birth, you’re planning a lifetime of hope and happiness and a bright future for them. All of that can be taken away from you in an instant in the careless and negligent hands of your delivery doctor.
If you, your child, or your family has suffered from cesarean birth injuries, do not delay in calling me. I have compassionately served the Columbus, Ohio area for over forty years, representing families just like yours against these devastating injuries. As your lawyer, I’ll fight tirelessly by your side to make sure you get the financial restitution you deserve for your loss. I’ll also never take a single dime from you; I work on a contingency, which means my fee is just a portion of any compensation you get. If you don’t get paid, neither do I. Please call me today for your FREE initial consultation at 1 (877) 614-9524 and trust me — I’ll Make Them Pay!®