Being a patient in a hospital is a uniquely vulnerable experience. We’re generally taught to take care of ourselves and be independent, but suddenly we’re surrounded by medical professionals whom we trust to provide us with proper medical care. We leave our own judgement and reasoning at the door, and allow the professionals to help us recover. Unfortunately, not all of the nurses, doctors, technicians, and therapists you see will be able to provide you with the best care. Medical negligence claims are far more common that many of us would like to know.
In the more than four decades that I’ve worked as a medical malpractice lawyer in Columbus, Ohio, I have become intimately familiar with emergency room and hospital malpractice. Some examples of common negligence and malpractice claims include:
- Delayed treatment: failing to provide medical attention fast enough.
- Wrong medication: mixing up patients’ medications and giving them the wrong dosage or wrong medication altogether.
- Infections: failing to adequately sterilize or clean medical equipment.
- Inadequate training: failing to provide patients with a highly trained and educated medical professional to ensure their health and good care.
- Unnecessary procedures: putting patients through procedures they never needed to experience and for which there is little-to-no justification.
If you or someone you love were injured as a result of medical malpractice, I can help. Call me today at 1 (877) 614-9524 free of charge and then I’ll Make Them Pay!®