When a doctor tells us that we’re going to need surgery, we can be understandably nervous… but what we’re not counting on is the doctor making a grave error during the procedure that can cost us our livelihoods or our lives. While most surgeries that occur are routine and the patients wake up healed from their ailments, when things go wrong, they go horribly wrong.
Contrary to popular belief, not just surgeons can be guilty of surgical malpractice. Anesthesiologists and nurses are also equally culpable. Examples of surgery malpractice include:
- Leaving operating tools inside a patient
- Making a cut at the wrong site
- Performing a procedure on the wrong patient
- Cutting into the wrong body part
- Damaging a nerve during the surgery
- Using too much or too little anesthesia
While we want to believe the best about our doctors, the fact is, they make deadly mistakes that can cost us dearly. Some of the more common causes of surgery malpractice are:
- Drug and alcohol abuse: It’s a sad fact, but surgeons sometimes fall back on drinking and doing drugs to deal with the stress of their career.
- Outright incompetence: Not all surgeons or nurses have the skill to be doing their jobs, and despite lacing adequate training, they’ll proceed with operating on you anyway.
- Sloppy planning and execution: Sometimes surgeons or nurses will rush into surgery without properly reviewing your chart. Other times, they may try to work too quickly, leading to lasting harm to you.
- Unclear communication: Even carpenters know to measure twice, cut once. A nurse or surgeon who marks the wrong spot before surgery can lead to permanent damage to you. Not having the right tools on hand can also be very dangerous.
- Fatigue: It’s no secret that medical staff work long hours, and a tired doctor is a deadly doctor. Their mistakes cost you dearly.
If you or someone you love has suffered due to surgical malpractice, I will fight to see that you get the justice and the financial compensation you deserve. I will prove that the surgical team that let you down failed to uphold the right standards of care required in the medical community. As the voice of the victims in the greater Columbus, Ohio area, I’ll use my expertise of surgical malpractice and I’ll Make Them Pay!® Call me TODAY for your free initial consultation at 1 (877) 614-9524.